Tuesday, June 24, 2008

E'ville History: Small UFO flap in area - March '98 Part Three




It almost seems like a "Phoenix Lights" type of event right here in our area. Here is one last tidbit I found.

On Saturday, March 28, 1998, Washington asked Stone to monitor the skies and look for anything unusual due to the "flap" of sorts appearing to be around the Henderson-Evansville-Owensboro, Ky, area. Jerry Sievers, IN/MUFON State Director, first brought this to Washington's attention on the afternoon of March 28 when he called to say that Fox Television had reported over 300 sightings or sightings reports since that previous Monday n the Tri-State area comprised of Southern Indiana, Ohio, and Northern Kentucky.
Stone said he stepped outside around 7:15 p.m. CST to take a look. Within minutes he noticed three objects that were each sporting a white and red flashing light ("there was no sound.") "What was peculiar about them is that they were flying a perfect triangle; it almost appeared as if they were one object because of their well-defined formation. I watched them with great interest as they flew in a NW direction towards the tree-filled horizon. "Before they got there, however, this extremely bright, whitish-gold light descended from a nearby cloud and flew towards the other lights. It was as if it "turned on" the other three somehow, as they began to glow the same color as that one. I watched with amazement as they silently neared the trees. I moved into a position to get a better look and as I did, two of them doubled back and headed straight for me. One of them flew off to my right, while the other one (now back to its white-red flashing light "stage") flew right over the top of my head. That's when I noticed a small triangular object with golden-colored lights on all three corners flying with its tip turned towards a "plane-like" object with red and white lights on its"wings." "I thought a crash was imminent they were that close. As I continued to watch, the tip (facing the two white-red flashing ones) began to generate an even more brilliant golden light. They were directly over me at this time and I could tell that the small triangle was heading slightly southeast, while the object with the white-red combination was heading due east. As they flew along, the small triangle merged with the white-red object, almost as if it were eating it. The now merged object then turned on its side and continued flying while the triangle was nowhere to be seen. (That was one tricky maneuver if you ask me!) I kept watching as it flew out of sight. Throughout the duration of my observation I counted around 15 of these white-red flashing lights all heading in the same direction. I heard a helicopter at one point, as well, but was never able to spot it. It was off to the west and sounded as if an airplane did fly over my head later on, which was sporting the regulation red-green-white combo of lights and did have sound accompanying it."

No comments: