Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tis the season...... for U.F.O's - Latest report from Evansville




Well, it's been a few months, and you know what that means. NUFORC finally updated their reports. And Evansville is on it again. This one is from January. And it is a very short report:


National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 1/21/2009 18:15 (Entered as : 01/21/09 18:15)
Reported: 1/21/2009 4:55:26 PM 16:55
Posted: 3/19/2009
Location: Evansville, IN
Shape: Unknown
Duration:4 seconds
A yellowish light shot through the sky like a meteor but arched and disappeared.


That's it. Not very detailed.
But here I would like to say that I myself have been frequently seeing this same type of activity here in Evansville. Anytime I go outside, whether it is to take the dog out or coming and going from the car, I almost always take a look at the skies. Over the past two months or so, I have been seeing what appears to be fairly large and bright white lights moving quickly through the sky. Most times I see it at early evening, just after sunset. There is almost constant air traffic around here. So I could not be more used to seeing airplanes and helicopters in the sky. I am quite familiar with how they look and act. These white "orbs" for lack of a better term, appear larger than a normal aircraft light. And they are constantly illuminated, never blinking or flashing. Also they seem to be moving quite quickly, seemingly faster than an airplane. But not super fast. They are usually lower on the horizon. For instance, one I saw recently just after I backed out of my driveway, and started heading west on my road. Each side of the road has many trees, and I saw it go from left to right between the break in the trees. See my included sketch. This is about all of the detail I can give. Has anyone else been seeing this activity or anything similar? Please comment and let us know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These white "orbs" could very well be the space station which has been visible recently.
-Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Well I don't rule anything out. But, I really don't think thats what it is. Like I said, It is low on the horizon, and big and bright. All of the space station and shuttles I have seen in space look nothing like this. Thank you for your comment.

Anonymous said...

I do not know who you are, but you seem to be a potential Field Investigator for MUFON. I'm the only FI in SW Indiana and could use help. Are you still interested? It's june 10, 2012. Contact me at yahoo.com--
whellerny is the address part.

Anonymous said...

I live outside of Galveston Indiana near Kokomo Indiana and I've been witnessing the same object in the sky. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I know what I saw. The time frame of the craft object has only been seen in the early morning hours meaning around 2-4 am. I don't know if I am just lucky to be at the right place at the right time or if there is something more to it. Every time that I have witnessed this object I've been driving and had a passenger with me. By the time I realize what I'm seeing and say something to my passenger it disappears before they can see it, it's that quick. Would like to talk further to someone about this and have some questions that I need possible answers pertaining to something that happened to me and need to know if this is linked to the object in the sky or if this is something different. please contact me at bbkitten1078@hotmail.com

J.R.Dietz said...

It was either 97 or 98 (trees were bare) I want to say Nov. around 11pm I was observing with my telescope the night sky it appeared that one of the "stars" I had in view just suddenly became a shooting star (what are the odds I thought) and to my amazement this "shooting star" did not go out but continued to get closer and closer I could see it through the trees and it slowly made it's way 20 ft above me, same height as the phone lines. It was approx. 8ft in diameter and looked like a lead ball (like the shot put ball, that is thrown in the track and field event) this object had the appearance as a star but when it was right over me it looked like a lead ball and moved slow and continued to travel right over the street at the height of the telephone lines telephone. I did not take my eyes off of it until after it was almost a block away , when it was approaching me , I was frozen in amazement but did not want to make any sudden movement or give off any sign of fear I smiled at it and signaled a peace sign. I ran inside and told my boyfriend and our 2 roommates and hurried them to see for themselves, the object was gone but it left a bright blue glowing chem trail which looked like a laser beam and did not even begin to dissipate or fade for more than an hour. The next day on the local news reported many people called 911 after seeing a UFO and after the news a special on UFO's came on. It seemed as if it came down specifically to check me out I had it in view( believing it was a star) through my telescope and they or it knew I was observing. jrdietz22@gmail.com